In our book basket for the last 2 weeks has been continents. I printed out a "My Book of Continents" booklet over at CurrClick during the Mother's day giveaway and went to the library to pick up a simple book on each continent. This is really very simple, both my kids can do this, and I can leave C to do it on her own. I purposefully got books by different authors so that I could see how we liked them. You could do this with a set of books on continents by the same author.
- Africa by Allan Fowler. Simple wording, good pictures.
- Hooray for Antartica by April Pulley Sayre. Much more in depth, great pictures
- Asia by A.R. Achaefer. Still a small book, but more details. Has maps.
- Welcome to Australia by Peter North and Susan McKay. Bigger book, to many details for small kids, but a good book, good pictures.
- Europe by Karen Bush Gibson (same company,Bridgestone Books, as Asia book) I like these best.
- South America by Michael and Jane Pelusey. Lots of details, we loved the pictures.
- Atlas of North America by Karen Foster. Not good for small kids, to much. I should have gotten something that did not have atlas in the title.
So all of these books were in our Juvenile Reference section. There were many more, I just picked and chose according to what looked good. if you visit CurrClick and get the booklet, there is a reference and idea section in the back. There are websites listed for craft and recipe ideas, if you want to take it that far. We are just looking for map awareness at this time.