Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wanna Be A Chef


Wanna Be A Chef

The newest series from The Old Schoolhouse is the “Wanna Be Series.” Periodically we will be able to purchase units that pertain to career paths that your children may want to explore. This looks to be a great idea for exploring options, careers, and neat on-the-job experiences.
“When I Grow Up, I Want to be a Chef” is the first e-book in this series that I was able to look at. There will be other titles available soon, but with the Chef e-book there is plenty to keep you busy.
The e-book by itself would be great for older students to work independently on. There is math, vocabulary, grammar, copy work in print and cursive. There are coloring pages, word search, and handwriting practice for younger kids. What a way to get the whole family involved in mealtime!
My favorite part of the “I Want to be a Chef” E-book is the real life testimony from chefs. They spell out different elements of being a chef while explaining how their careers fit into their family. Take a look and take the quiz to see how much you know because I thought the brigade system would be a military term.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Amanda-did you get selected for the 2009-10 TOS Crew? If so, visit my blog (as I can request that you are under my team) thanks. Sheri