Thursday, October 8, 2009

Building a plan

As you may can tell from some previous posts that I have been trying to figure out what to do with myself since the kids started school. Their hours vary, so I spend a lot of time at the school and a lot of time traveling to and from the school. Not really on the traveling because it is 2 miles from the house, but it feels that way 'kay!

My problem, was that I wanted to teach my kids. I wanted to be in charge, dangit! Well we all know that when we start making plans and thinking we are in charge, we end up getting a swift kick in the pants. I promise, I have been trying to avoid that.

Patiently (haha) I have been waiting on a plan for my time, my children's time, and what we can do with our downtime away from school.

My thoughts were, what enrichment can I give my kids that they will not be getting in the classroom. Did you see that key word - enrichment! Our time with the kids does not have to be ALL about their school, but about what we can bring into their lives. Aha moment, if you may!

So I am looking at a few resources that will work for my kids (and that will include plain old fun time). You see, I do not want to tie my kids down to more work after being at school and after my oldest had finished her homework. Afterschool homeschooling is not going to work for us.

I am going to build some Bible Study back into their week! I love 1+1+1=1 Rock Stars idea, but I need to modify it a little bit for a 3rd grader, but a lot of the activites my 5 yr old and I can do together.

We also have some gardening plans, camping plans, and many more outings to enjoy. Plus lots of reading, playing games, cooking, and enjoying life. I will let you know how it is going.

No comments: