Monday, May 2, 2011

Big Events



There are times in my life when I can remember where I was and what I was doing.



  • Beginning of the 1st Gulf War - eating dinner at church

  • USS Cole bombing - driving to work in Maryland

  • Sept 11, 2001 - nursing my 2 week old 1st child in Maryland

  • Beginning of the war in Iraq - at home in North Carolina, we were the guardians for 3 kids whose mother was in that convoy out of Kuwait into Iraq.

  • Saddam Hussein is captured - just moved in Florida

  • Usama Bin Laden is confirmed dead - nursing my 10 week old 3rd child in California.

I know that there are many other significant events out there, but none that hit so close to this military family as these. Its amazing what has shaped our lives and the lives of our children.


I don't rejoice in the fact that there is a person who is dead. I rejoice that his rule over people is over. I hope that the people that were following his lead will see that there is a better life than the one they are leading.

No comments: