Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Works for me Wednesday - loose change

This is the silliest WFMW post you may ever read. I always have loose change in the bottom of my purse. We have a coin jar at home and the kids have little piggy banks, but I always seem to have several dollars worth of change in my purse.
This week I made a quick stop at Winn Dixie for some things and went through the self check outline. My total came to about $15.00 . I used about $2.60 in change and brought my bill down. It felt like using coupons. Silly, I know, but it was a good use for that loose change.

Check out other great ideas over at Rocks in my Dryer.

3 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Any little bit helps !

Mom2fur said...

I don't think that's silly at all! I can't tell you how many times I scrounged around for coins, and brought in deposit bottles, just to get a few 'necessities' when the bank account is low! Don't look at $2.60 as 'loose change.' Look at it as a loaf of bread!

Audra Krell said...

Not silly whatsoever. I always feel like I am using coupons too, when I use loose change!