Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meatloaf

I have a new favorite recipe for meatloaf. It makes a great meal that you can freeze and pull out later.

Meatloaf
1/2 lb hamburger meat
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup ketchup
3 slices of toast (I used wheat bread, but crackers will work)
salt
pepper

Mix everything together and press into a meatloaf pan. Cook on 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Warning:
  • Turkey meat is sweeter tasting than hamburger meat to me. You can always use all hamburger or all turkey. This meatloaf is sweeter tasting because of the honey and turkey. We liked it.
  • I don't have a good sauce to put on top like other recipes. We don't use it.
  • I have heard that you can add shredded carrots to meatloaf, but I have not tried it with this one. I may try next time.
  • This was just enough meatloaf to feed me and my two kids twice. The kids don't eat much. If you need to feed more people or people with bigger appetites you may want to increase the recipe.

No comments: