Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The ABC's

I found a neat ABC book at the library that we have had fun with. It is called the ABC Animal Riddles by Susan Joyce.

Here is a sample of what you can find in the book.

C _ _ _ l

I start with a C and end with an L.
I live in the desert,
a hard place to dwell.
When I'm feeding well,
my large hump will swell.
If I have 2 humps,
they swell as well.
I carry people,
or goods that they sell.
What am I? Can you tell?

Can you see all the discussions that can come out of that little riddle? And then dig out the dictionaries, you tube, and any other books you may have and you kids will know everything there is to know about a camel. Other animals in the book are: beaver, elephant, quail, whale, newt, octopus. Also, the answers are at the back of the book if you get stuck on an animal like Zebu.
I am trying to peak J's interest in letters and this is helping. Look for it at the library or you can buy it at Amazon. The author also has some other ABC riddles books.

No comments: