Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The days are getting longer for us, but today was a good day. Some might even say boring. C, is getting better with the homeschool-lack-of-a-schedule thing. When I am sure that she is in the right mind set, I spring on the homeschool. She is getting where she can tolerate it for longer amounts of time.
My little man, has gotten into computer games. His favorite is Nick Jr. He says "Boys play computer mom." and he has finally grown a little bit more so that he can reach the pedals well enough to turn them on the bike that he got for Christmas. We had a blast going up and down the street in front of our house this evening.
My husband's friends are staring to call to see when he may be coming home. These are the friends that we have left behind in other duty stations. Not the ones here that I have not heard from one time. You would think someone would volunteer to cut my grass every once in a while. If we were still in Florida, this would not be a problem. During our last deployment, I did not have to ask someone to cut my grass. My neighbor did it for us and never left me in a position to have to ask him when he was going to cut it. Thank goodness my yard is the size of a postage stamp now. Soap box anyone?
Anyways, what I wanted to say about the husband is that they are looking at about 4 weeks until they start packing and loading gear and getting ready to wait to depart. It still may take up to 2 months before he is home, but they have their own countdown over there.
Our only other news is that someone is having a birthday party this weekend and so I am trying to prepare ahead of time. This will be the first time that I have put together a birthday party on my own. I will not have another adult to help, so this will be interesting. I have decided to ask one of my friends to take a few pictures and email them to me so that I will not have to think about it. We are renting a moon bounce for the kids to jump in and I have to go get it and set it up by myself. That should be interesting.
That is all that I got right now.
Amanda

No comments: