This is our first year homeschooling and I am up to my neck in not knowing what I am doing. My husband and I feel that we are on the same page with God on this. So we are in homeschooling for the next few years with ever confidence that we are doing the right thing for our kids. We are headed to California next year for 13 months and so you can see that the only stable thing in our lives right now is home. We intend for our home to be a sanctuary through the craziness that will be our lives over the next few years. C, is difficult to teach because of the stubborn edge she has (I am sure that none of you know about that, right?) . J is a sponge and I am really starting to enjoy teaching him phonics. He already loves the computer at age 3, so in a few years he will know more than I do about it. I look forward to it all and can't wait to see what our next adventure is.
Some things about me (in no particular order).
- I love being a wife and mother. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up because I could not think past being a wife and mother. That does my Bachelor's Degree a lot of good.
- I like the military life. I love moving and being a nomad. I can't leave my furniture in place for very long. My husband is deployed right now and it is driving him crazy that I will not tell him how I moved the furniture around and what the living room looks like now.
- I love to paint. My husband is very happy that we cannot paint walls. I would be hard to live with then. I would love to paint every wall in my house.
- My daughter and I love hot chocolate. Even in the summer.
- I hate bridges. Don't like to drive over them or under them.
- We want to live in the country with water access. We want a yard full of dogs and room to run,play, garden, and horses. Can't do that until we are out of the military, but I can dream
Visit other participants at the Homeschool Blog Awards site to learn about your favorite homeschool blogger.
PS. Check out my first ever GIVEAWAY here. Thanks