Sunday, September 14, 2008

Proverbs 31 Bible Study

Amy from In Pursuit of Proverbs 31 is doing a Bible study on proverbs 31. I am excited about this, although I have read Proverbs 31 and been in Sunday School when Proverbs 31 was taught, I have never gotten down and really studied it. I know I still have tons to learn.

Visit Amy's blog to answer the following questions and sign Mr Linky.

For this introduction post, I would like for everyone who intends to participate to post about it on their blog and answer the following thought provoking questions:
What do you hope to get out of this bible study?
I hope to get more understanding. It has been 5 months since my husband deployed to Iraq. I would like for him to come home to house that is a bit more calm that it normally is. I am hoping to be a better Christian wife and mother.
What, if anything, has prevented you from studying these scriptures in the past? I have read these sciptures and I can give an insight into what they are saying. But truly studying and truly living Proverbs 31 is a whole new thing.
What have you found helpful or frustrating about living out these scriptures? I may have to answer this one later, but I think that hardest for me is not being lazy. Not neglecting everything around me because I want to, or my feelings are hurt, or I am mad because my husband is not here to help. I have a long way to go!


Check out Amy if you want to join in this Bible Study.

3 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Great thoughts for getting started in this study! I'm getting excited. I hope to be a better wife, too. I have no children at home but I want to be a better wife for Steve. God bless your husband and may he make it home safe and soon!

Amy B said...

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for participating in the study. This is such a growing experience for me too. I look forward to taking this journey with you!!

A Knitting Junkie said...

I just found the link to this site a few days ago and plan on joining in myself. I am hoping to become a better wife and mother as well. I hope that this will be an enlightening, inspirational and effective study for all of us.
God bless...Anita