Friday, October 10, 2008

IPOP 31 Bible Study - part 4


Amy is doing such a fabulous job over at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31 with the Proverbs 31 Bible Study. You can check out part 4 here. When I began this bible study, I thought great she is going to break down what these verses mean and I will learn a thing or two. Man is she making me work, some people may see this bible study as easy and simple, but I am struggling. My struggles are a good thing, I am learning quite a bit about myself and what God is saying to me in this season of my life.


Let's jump in!

List some of the scripture you highlighted in Psalm 37 and tell what God revealed to you about them.

Psalm 37:7 "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.." Who out there does not need help with your patience? My patience is tested on a daily basis and I ask the Lord to please help me pass this test. Sometimes I wish that I could remember to pray for help with my patience before my mouth opens.
Also, as a family, we have made some decisions about our future. We completely feel that the Lord is guiding us to stay in the military and fully embrace being a military family. That means standing up for the military families. It also means that we will never be as financially stable as my husband's family wants us to be. That is a big deal to them. They would prefer that we get out of the military and both went to work full time (that is success to them).

Psalm 37:8 " Cease from anger and forsake wrath..." OK! so my patience is all but gone these days and my words and actions seem to come from anger. I am tired and ready for this deployment to be over. God in all His Glory showed me that my lack of patience was leading to some ugly and snide remarks that were hurting my children. I have been and will continue to be on my knees seeking help and guidance.

Psalm 37:10 "A little while, and the wicked will be no more..." and Psalm 37:13 "The Lord laughs at them, for He sees that this his day is coming." I automatically thought of what it would be like when my Lord returns. There will be no more wicked ways. Oh what a glorious day.

There is so much more that could be pulled out of these scriptures but that is what spoke to me right off.

Discuss the difference between "priority" and "authority."
Bowing down to God's authority or getting out of the way of God's authority is hard. If you allow God to have authority over your life and to guide your ways you will find that your priorities are more in line. God does not make life easier because we bow to His authority but He allows our priorities to work within our lives. Sometimes I wish that we didn't have to sweat over the hard things. (I hope that makes since).

Have you been following Him or trying to make your own path? You must have been following me around while I made some good and quite a few bad decisions. Consider whether or not you have become a slave to wordly priorities and "to do" lists. Oh My Goodness! Did I not tell you that Amy was doing a good job. She is hitting me right on the head with things that have become a struggle in our own home. From the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning I have an ongoing list of to do's. Our life has changed with homeschool and while homeschool fits, house work suffers. I am trying to down size and eliminate junk to avoid some of the messes that drive me crazy. What I really need to do is get on the floor and enjoy the kids instead of worrying about the mess they make.
I am tired, but it is good. My heart is cleansing and being filled with a bit more peace.
Take a look over at IPOP 31 to see what everyone else had see about part 4.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Came to your through Stef's blog at NiHaoY'all. I had not seen this bible study at PRoverbs 31.. I am going to have to run over there later and check it out!

Thanks for sharing!

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com