Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WFMW - coupons




I learned a few things this past weekend. My neighbors not only introduced me to the proper way to shop CVS, she also showed me her coupon binder. Everything in my house is going the way of the binder, but I feel more organized and slightly neurotic. I am working hard on bringing our grocery budget down. Hopefully by the time we get to CA, I will have learned a few things to help us get through the next year. Everything is more expensive in CA.


So for your very own coupon binder you will need:

I forgot to turn the picture, forgive me

  • a 1/2 to 1 inch binder. Any color will do. You can even get one that zips up from Hobby Lobby (print you a coupon off their website first).

  • a set of protective pages for baseball cards. I found mine on the back side of toys at Wal Mart, but I have seen them up front by the registers. If you live in Louisiana that spot is reserved for liquor.

  • coupons, coupons, coupons


  • in the top right corner cut a piece of paper the size of the opening and label what coupons are on that page.

  • a pocket of some type. You want to keep the store fliers with you so that you can compare a deal to the paper. You may even get the store you are shopping at match the price in the sales flier of a competitor.

  • scissors. I have the small kid size because my pocket is small.

  • optional- paper for your shopping list

I have one final favor to ask you. I have a friend who is overseas and can use expired coupons. They can only be 6 months old. If you feel the need to send these, will you please email me aljstephens at gmail dot com. I would love to send her a pile of coupons to share with the families around her

Check other WFMW posts at Rocks in my Dryer

5 comments:

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

That's a great idea! I bet it really helps you to save money!!!

Faith said...

Wow, that's quite a binder! I always wanted to do one of those, but never seem to get around to making one. Until I do I keep my coupons binder clipped together by date.

Mom2fur said...

Nice binder! I started the binder system about a year ago and I love it. I actually keep my circulars intact (in page protectors) and have a running list of coupons in them by date and type. It's amazing how easy things get when you find a system that works for you, isn't it?

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I made something similar to this a few months ago. It's very helpful!

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

I like your idea of using one of the slots for labels. I'll have to incorporate that into my coupon binder.