Monday, March 2, 2009

Five in a Row


When I first learned that I was part of the TOS Crew and would be doing reviews on homeschool materials, Five in a Row was the one homeschool program I wanted to see. Luckily, I got the chance to check out Five in a Row and see what all the talk was about.

We received the regular Five in a Row and we are working on the book Andy and the Lion by James Daugherty. What a fun book it is. I have had a little bit of a problem implementing the ideas in the book, but I like the challenge and we are working on it.

We also use some of the ideas for lapbooks on Homeschool Share, but I do not want to do a lapbook everyday or every week. The main thing is to use what works best for you.

I do look for and find activities that my 4 year old would be interested in. Keeping him at the table longer is what we are trying to do right now. That boy does not want to do anything but sneak away to the TV.

So be prepared to put a little bit of work into it yourself, but it has been a fun adventure for us and one that i would recommend to many.

No comments: