Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting Ready

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks and things are not slowing down. We are gearing up for our big move across country. 2 cars, 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog, and a fish.



  • We have packers coming to do a walk through this week and they will be here on Monday to start packing.
  • A haircut for me

  • Yard Sale on Saturday.

  • My parents coming to visit and pick some things up.

  • Final inspection from the housing office.

  • Packing for 9 days in different hotel rooms. This has to be done before the packers come on Monday.

  • Letting the friends say goodbye.

  • Not to mention that we still do not have a place to move to and we are traveling on our faith alone.


What we have done in the last couple of weeks is mind boggling.

  • R spent a week in school and then met me at Memaw's house in AL

  • Celebrated my Memaw turning 80 years old with out extended family.

  • Visited my Dad, had lunch with him, my stepmom, and my brother.

  • Took one brother to the other brother's house to get a ride home because his car was in the shop

  • Hubby went and visited a friend in Florida

  • Spent a few days with my Mom.

  • Went to the In-laws to see their new house.

  • J got to play golf





  • C went to 2 birthday parties

  • One kids threw up, the other had a fever.

  • Played in the snow. Can you believe that it snowed in AL.
Mind boggling isn't it. The kids are doing great and handling all the pressure and changes like champs. The are pretty good military kids. Mostly they are excited to see their friends in CA. Please keep us in your prayers and we travel these all to familiar paths.

2 comments:

mindi said...

Wow - you are (and have been) busy. Keeping you in my prayers that the move goes smoothly!

Cindy said...

Hello from a fellow crew mate! Your family has a lot going on. Best wishes on your move - I know how stressful they can be.

Cindy @ Fenced in Family