Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home

We are home from one family visit and gearing up for another. That means laundry, cleaning, shopping, and repacking. I have learned in my travels that a cooler in my friend. I go ahead to the grocery store so that I can bring snacks and drinks with us, but also milk, cereal, and sandwich makings for the next day. I can avoid having to get up and go anywhere after I get to the river. Our DVD quit and I want to cry about it. I actually think that it is the cord that plugs into it, but it will be a long trip without the DVD. Oh, back in the day when we had nothing to do but stare out the window. I don't miss that at all.

My neighbor was not home when we got back here, but her dog was in the backyard. She has small children and comes and goes at all hours so I for the first day I thought I was just missing her when she was home. Then I noticed that the same lights were always home. After 3 days, I called housing to let them know that she was not home, the dog was in the backyard and no one was seeing about it. Also told them that there was a possibility that their smaller dog was inside. I did not want to be a tattle tale, but I did not want animals to die because I did nothing. So I went and fed the dog outside for 2 days until she finally came home. Sad thing is that just because she is home doesn't mean that the dog will be treated any better. He goes without water all the time and that yard in disgusting. What would you do? I have no idea if housing got in touch with her or what she said if they did, but it astonishes me that housing did not come over here or send security over here to get a dog that was left chained up in the backyard for 5 days at least.

Right now, I am going to keep away and see what happens. Her husband is somewhere for a few weeks training. He doesn't do any better, but at least there are home to look after what is there's when he is home. I hope I am not here when he deploys for 6 months. Ugh!

Anyway, My kids are resting and so I am going to join them. Drink some tea, stay cool, and have a great day. Amanda

No comments: