Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday - part 1

Wow, you are 7 today. Where did the time go? When I went into labor with you just after midnight we were at home and I had yet to get to sleep. At 9 months it is hard to sleep. So I got up and started walking and the contractions got harder and more painful. Our dog, Sammie, stayed right with me. Ever few minutes she would run from me to the bassinet to see if the baby was there yet. Amazing that she knew what was going on. She would stand on her hind legs to peer into the bassinet.
After a couple of hours walking the floors, stepping over the creaks in the wood, I woke your DaDa up and told him it was time to go. He was tired but ready. So he packed us into the red jeep and off we flew to National Naval Medical Center Bethesda, Maryland.And do you know what they did when I got there.
They sent me home to walk more. I was not a happy camper. So we went home and tried to sleep some more. Dada slept and I did not. We were back at Bethesda just as the shift was changing (the real reason they sent me home) and I got a room. I cannot say enough sweet things about the Filipino nurse that stayed with me the whole time. She knew I was scared and clueless. She encouraged me, hugged me, and helped your Dada pull out the couch so that he could take a nap. I don't know why he was so tired, but he was.
And after an hour and half of pushing, you were finally born. 14:52 pm (2:52 civilian time). Again I was scared to death. Clueless on what I was to do next. Your Dada was even more clueless than I was, so I sent him down to Subway to get me something to eat. That gave me time to think, to look at you, to thank God that you were there with me.
There is more to this story, but I will wait until later. I was just happy you were with me safe and sound.
Happy Birthday my sweet angel.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl! She's adorable.

I did finally manage to get in and post about my beautiful package that I got last week. Thank you so much, and I hope I didn't wear your patience thin wondering what happened to me! LOL

http://www.notebooklearning.com/2008/08/hsba-swap.html