- The Joyful Home Schooler by Mary Hood, PH.D. Full of good advice for getting started and scripture to keep you focused.
- The Simplicity of Homeschooling by Vicky Goodchild A little bit of everything
- Homeschooling 101 by Mark and Christine Field The whole book was not for me, but some of the chapters may speak to you. I liked the life skills and preschooler chapters.
- Carschooling by Diane Flynn Keith Lots and Lots of good idea whether you are in the car or not.
- Mary Pride's Big Book of Homeschoooling Preschool and Elementary Everything you can imagine in one bulky book, I bought it on clearance and have used it when trying to find or decide on homeschool materials.
One of our all time favorite books is:
The Way I Feel by Janan Cain
What a treasure trove it has been for us. The kids have been on emotional rollercoasters for the last couple of years. There was moving, then deployment, and then moving again. Some days they do not know whether they are coming or going. We read the book and I let them talk if they want. I don't push or ask a lot of questions, I don't want to pull an emotion out of them that they are not experiencing. Usually I will hear something that is on their mind though.
Have a great day and visit The Happy Housewife to see what other books are made the lists.