Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I Needed to Hear

I was reading my daily devotional from Elisabeth Elliot this morning and this little paragraph reached out and grabbed me.
"We read that our Heavenly Father actually looks for people who will worship him in spirit and in reality. Imagine! God is looking for worshippers. Will he always have to go to a church to find them, or might there be one here and there in an ordinary house, kneeling alone by a chair, simply adoring him?"
Elisabeth Elliot
What an amazing woman she is. Some days I feel like she is speaking straight to my heart.
The stress around here has risen with R's school. The test are multiple times per week covering multiple chapters each time. We knew it would be difficult, but it is difficult to see him struggle and not be able to help much.

No comments: